[Lcdproc] Handy like input method.

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Handy like input method.
  • Date: Fri May 5 15:00:01 2006

> Marcus,
>
> today there's inputs for alpha, numeric and IP addresses, ring lists,
> slider bars, etc.
>
> The alpha numeric are currently geared toward 4 arrow keys, so each up
> arrow press gives you 0,1,2,3 etc.
>
> It would be a very simple addition to do a 9 key telephone style pad if you
> have an lcd w/ a 9 button key pad already. Who makes such a thing, btw?

I don't know if the server sends non-reserved keys to the internal menu
client if it is visible. I think that is the correct behaviour (I think
it should be like this for any client)

If the internal menu client receives all kinds of unreserved keys, it
can scan if it is a simple single character key string, and if so, add
it to the text. I think this would be a very clean solution.

So for alpha: any single char keystring
for numeric 0-9, ".", "-"
for IP 0-9, "."

Joris