[Lcdproc] Why aren't the drivers being made?

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Why aren't the drivers being made?
  • Date: Thu May 4 17:43:01 2006

Hi,

maybe I can clarify the situation a bit.

On Tuesday, 2. May 2006 22:21, Guillaume Filion wrote:
> Jason Miller a =E9crit :
> > I tried 0.50, and got it to work, but the backlight doesn't work for
> > Matrix Orbital 20x4 LCD. I was hoping it would work with 0.4.

As the new maintainer I converted all drivers to the new API in order to av=
oid=20
having a mix of drivers using the old API.
Without having most of the hardware these changes were done on a purely
formal basis and the conversion may not have been perfect.

MtxOrb was one of those drivers that I converted.

> I'm not sure who's the maintainer for the Matrix Orbital driver, but
> hopefully he's reading the list and will correct this.

Unfortunately he/she seems to have gone AWOL.
(according to the CVS logs this is for over a year)

Hope it helps
Peter
=2D-=20
Peter Marschall