[Lcdproc] New try...

  • From: Andreaz AT t-online.de (Andreas)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] New try...
  • Date: Wed May 3 19:49:02 2006

Hello List,

(again)..

Today i tried again to run lcdproc...

Thanks to Jannis showing me his cvs-ebuild, but anything with my
system isnt right and it throws an error (ive posted earlier... any
autoconf-related), so i tried to compile the release 0.5.0 on my own
and see if it will work... It will - so far. I can see some output on that
display...
On Line 1 and 3 all seems to be fine, line 2 and 4 look like
theyre shiftet to the beginning after around 10 characters or so
(its an 4x20 display, with the not 100% compatible HD66712
controller).

Is there any chance to get this one fully working ? If it will help,
i can try to photograph the display to explain more than its
possible with words. If i can help with that in any other manner
with my little linux-knowledge, i will try.

Besides, i think

# For manual compiles:
# DriverPath=/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/

should go into the default config-file... ? It wasted me some time to
find this on the mailinglist... ;)

Regards and thanks for all your help...
Andreas