[Lcdproc] install problem

  • From: guitarpw AT yahoo.com (Jason Miller)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] install problem
  • Date: Tue May 2 20:46:01 2006

> Yes, I am a n00b and I can't get lcdproc to work.
> First I tried v0.5.0 but server/LCDd wouldn't run. It complains it could
> not open driver module server/drivers/hd44780.so because it's not there.

Hi,

I've been messing with Lcdproc this afternoon..

Finally, got 'er working thanks to the help on this list.

Anyway, with v0.5.0; copy LCDd.conf to /etc and edit it. There is line in
there that points to where your drivers are located.

I made a directory for the drivers, /usr/lib/lcdproc and then just copied all
the *.so files from ~./server/driver into it. LCDd worked fine from there.

I couldn't get the backlight to work with v0.5.0 (Matrix Orbital 20x4) even
though LCDd.conf was config'd for it to run. Took out v0.5.0 and compiled
v0.4.5 and its now working great with the backlight.

>From what I have gathered, and I'm probably wrong, but you only need to do
>the "drivers -all" thing with make with v0.4.5 as it actually builds them
>into the LCDd executable. (?)

Keep at it, you'll get there. I didn't think I would, but thanks to the help
here, its working! :)

---------------------------------
Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min
with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.
> Yes, I am a n00b and I can't get lcdproc to work.
> First I tried v0.5.0 but server/LCDd wouldn't run. It complains it could
> not open driver module server/drivers/hd44780.so because it's not there.

Hi,

I've been messing with Lcdproc this afternoon..

Finally, got 'er working thanks to the help on this list.

Anyway, with v0.5.0; copy LCDd.conf to /etc and edit it.  There is line in there that points to where your drivers are located.

I made a directory for the drivers, /usr/lib/lcdproc and then just copied all the *.so files from ~./server/driver into it.  LCDd worked fine from there.

I couldn't get the backlight to work with v0.5.0 (Matrix Orbital 20x4) even though LCDd.conf was config'd for it to run.  Took out v0.5.0 and compiled v0.4.5 and its now working great with the backlight.

From what I have gathered, and I'm probably wrong, but you only need to do the "drivers -all" thing with make with v0.4.5 as it actually builds them into the LCDd executable. (?)

Keep at it, you'll get there.  I didn't think I would, but thanks to the help here, its working!  :)