[Lcdproc] Why aren't the drivers being made?

  • From: guitarpw AT yahoo.com (Jason Miller)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Why aren't the drivers being made?
  • Date: Tue May 2 20:27:01 2006

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the direction. I finally got 0.4 running.

Seems didn't need to make a /usr/lib/lcdproc and copy the *.o files over,
anyway. "Make install" put the put the drivers somewhere. Where, I have no
idea, but it works...

Also discovered a mistype in /etc/LCDd.conf that I made. I was trying to
point for LCDd to drive 'ttys0' instead of 'ttyS0'.

I'm still totally and completely confused about what and where the "drivers"
are, but its running..

..and (strange), LCDd and lcdproc built with 0.4 are using the backlight
correctly with the Matrix Orbital 20x4 LCD. (I had used LCDd/lcdproc a
long, long, time ago with this same LCD and it worked great. Thats what led
to trying out something other than 0.5. Why the backlight works with 0.4 and
not 0.5, I have not the slightest clue! )

Thanks again!

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do. Get it on your phone.Hi Guillaume,