[Lcdproc] Why aren't the drivers being made?

  • From: gfk AT logidac.com (Guillaume Filion)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Why aren't the drivers being made?
  • Date: Tue May 2 20:24:01 2006

Jason Miller a écrit :
> I tried 0.50, and got it to work, but the backlight doesn't work for
> Matrix Orbital 20x4 LCD. I was hoping it would work with 0.4.

I'm not sure who's the maintainer for the Matrix Orbital driver, but
hopefully he's reading the list and will correct this.

> It now ran longer and seemed to do more. There are a bunch of *.o files
> in /drivers. I have no idea what the actual 'drivers' are though.

Hey, I don't even know what some of the drivers are... :-)

This might give you a hint:
http://lcdproc.org/docs.php3

> The LCDd.conf for 0.4 says nothing about where to look for the
> drivers. I have absolutetly no idea where anything goes and am running
> around in circles!

0.4 has all the drivers statically linked in the executable.

Best,
GFK's
--
Guillaume Filion, ing. jr