[Lcdproc] install problem

  • From: bmendis AT innovetech.com (Ben A. Mendis)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] install problem
  • Date: Tue May 2 20:17:05 2006

Yes, I am a n00b and I can't get lcdproc to work.
First I tried v0.5.0 but server/LCDd wouldn't run. It complains it could
not open driver module server/drivers/hd44780.so because it's not there.
I've tried compiling with --enable-drivers=all and
--enable-drivers=hd44780 but I get the same problem each time.

Then I tried v0.4.5 and got the HD44780 VFD in the front of my Ahanix
case to *mostly* work. But the display seems to spit out random
characters and begins looking corrupted after a few minutes.

Anyone have experience with one of these cases/displays? How do I make
it work like it's supposed to?