[Lcdproc] Why aren't the drivers being made?

  • From: guitarpw AT yahoo.com (Jason Miller)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Why aren't the drivers being made?
  • Date: Tue May 2 20:05:02 2006

Guillaume Filion
<gfk AT logidac.com>
wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> ./configure --enable-drivers=all
> make
>
> should do the trick. Not however that some drivers need specific
> hardware, so they won't be compiled if you don't have that hardware.
>
> By the way, lcdproc 0.5.0 is out:
> http://lcdproc.org/download.php3
>
> Hope this helps,
> GFK's

Wow, that a was a quick reply!

I tried 0.50, and got it to work, but the backlight doesn't work for Matrix
Orbital 20x4 LCD. I was hoping it would work with 0.4.

It now ran longer and seemed to do more. There are a bunch of *.o files in
/drivers. I have no idea what the actual 'drivers' are though.

I don't even know where anything goes. With 0.5, I made a /usr/lib/lcdproc
directory and put all the *.so files that were made into it, and then pointed
LCDd.conf in /etc to look for them there.

The LCDd.conf for 0.4 says nothing about where to look for the drivers. I
have absolutetly no idea where anything goes and am running around in circles!