[Lcdproc] lcdexec re-work in CVS (development branch)

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdexec re-work in CVS (development branch)
  • Date: Sat Apr 29 22:05:04 2006

Hi list,

I have reworked the lcdexec client in the CVS (development branch).

Menu definition happens now using sections for menus and menu entries.
e.g.
[MeinMenu]
Entry=A #<- this refers to a section called A
Entry=B # a section with Entry=... keys is a menu o
Entry=C

[A]
Displayname="Say A" #<- the name to be displayed
Exec="echo A" #<- command to be executed

[B]
Displayname="Say B"
Exec="echo B"

[C] # a sub-menu with only one entry
Entry=D

[D] # wil be dsiplayed as D
Exec="echo D"

This format is a lot clearer than the one previously used and allows for
extensions as well.

Have a look at the comments in lcdexec.conf for some of my ideas.
Of couse there is room for other ideas as well.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall
peter AT adpm.de

  • [Lcdproc] lcdexec re-work in CVS (development branch), Peter Marschall, 04/29/2006