[Lcdproc] ppdev support

  • From: gfk AT logidac.com (Guillaume Filion)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] ppdev support
  • Date: Thu Mar 30 13:40:02 2006

Andrés Trapanotto a écrit :
> Markus Dolze wrote:
>> At least FreeBSD has something similar, I guess the other BSDs too. The
>> most
>> difficult task is to rewrite port.h and the drivers to use the new
>> framework. This will be easier if all drivers are rewritten at once.
>> Otherwise we need to keep the existing port.h in some way.
>
> There is a way to support drivers that are not rewritten thru
> pp_port(), but I can rewrite every driver anyway :)
> In that case, I prefer to test the changes in the other OS's supported
> before rewrite evrey driver.

I'd rather go with a compatibility layer so that old drivers don't need
to be rewritten. There are some LCDproc drivers that are distributed by
third parties, breaking the existing API would cause some problems with
them.

But anyway, Andrés has already made a compatibility layer, right?

Best,
GFK's
--
Guillaume Filion, ing. jr