[Lcdproc] ppdev support

  • From: bsdfan AT nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] ppdev support
  • Date: Thu Mar 30 06:12:02 2006

I can understand that. I didn't have a look at your new port.[ch] yet, but I
will see if and how FreeBSD can be integrated.

> > Will the old way via /dev/io still be an option?
>
> I don't now what /dev/io is... could you give me a clue?

Sorry, that was misleading. I meant the inb() / outb() stuff (on FreeBSD I
need to open /dev/io to be able to use inb / out ).

> > I am currently testing regulary on FreeBSD and did it once on NetBSD. I
> > don't know anything about OpenBSD, but I think I can try that, too.
>
> That would be great. Which ldc hardware do you have?

I have two hd44780 comp. displays (20x2 and 16x2) with winamp wiring. Adding
4bit wiring to my 16x2 test display should also be possible.

Markus