[Lcdproc] ppdev support

  • From: bsdfan AT nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] ppdev support
  • Date: Wed Mar 29 07:00:02 2006

Hi,

At least FreeBSD has something similar, I guess the other BSDs too. The most
difficult task is to rewrite port.h and the drivers to use the new
framework. This will be easier if all drivers are rewritten at once.
Otherwise we need to keep the existing port.h in some way.

Will the old way via /dev/io still be an option?

I am currently testing regulary on FreeBSD and did it once on NetBSD. I
don't know anything about OpenBSD, but I think I can try that, too.

Regards
Markus