[Lcdproc] Error: client name too long in lcdproc

  • From: a.foss AT f5.com (Andrew Foss)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Error: client name too long in lcdproc
  • Date: Mon Mar 27 23:39:01 2006

any recommendations?

I see 2 solutions;

1.
in the server client_commands.c
int
client_set_func (Client * c, int argc, char **argv)
{
int i;
char str[16];

"str" is 16, on my linux kernel the UTSNAME_LENGTH is defined at 65, not
sure about other systems or whether there's any standards for limits to
hostname lengths.

2.
in the lcdproc client main.c
const char *get_hostname()
{
return(unamebuf.nodename);
}

get_hostname could be modified to return a max 16 character name.

option 1 seems the simplest, though I know we're trying to to change the
server code, getting ready for release...

andrew