[Lcdproc] Error: client name too long in lcdproc

  • From: bsdfan AT nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Error: client name too long in lcdproc
  • Date: Mon Mar 27 22:11:02 2006

Hi,

when trying Andrew Foss' patch with lcdproc I received the following
errors (not exact wording):

"huh? client name too long"

followed by several

"you must set a client name"

I traced this back to a change in lcdproc client on 2006/02/18 when the
"client_set -name" on server connect was "enhanced" with with clients
hostname.

If you look at server/commands/client_command.c the buffer receiving
this string is only 16 characters long.

I don't know why that "enhancement" was introduced, so I don't know
which of client or server to fix.

Regards
Markus