[Lcdproc] Crystalfontz 635 usb lcd noise

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Crystalfontz 635 usb lcd noise
  • Date: Sat Mar 25 15:36:02 2006

Hi,

On Friday, 24. March 2006 23:35, Frederick Nacino wrote:
> I've scoured the archives for some help with no luck. I have a
> Crystalfontz 635 USB and it's running on linux. Running lcdproc the
> display generally works however although I am not getting garbage, I
> seem to be getting residual data from previous screens littering my
> current screen. Trying to clear bad data out by sending blank lines to
> the display does not work. Other problems include menu widgets not
> appearing in the correct position or data not appearing when it should.
> Things that generally have to do with graphics and screen cursor
> positioning seem to fair worse than trying to display normal text, for
> example displaying the BigClock lcdproc client seems to be my worst
> offender as it is halfway unreadable and always leaves residue that
> cannot be cleaned up by subsequent screens.. I'm running current lcdproc
> code as of 3/14/2006. Screen size settings look good as well as does my
> conf. I am not sure what to make of what I am seeing or how to correct
> it. Any help would be great.

When asking question about driver problems, please post your LCDd.conf
configuration to the mailing list (the [server] section and the section the
Driver= entry in the [server] section points to).

You might also try to rebuild your LCDd using a modified command line to
'./configure'. Prepend your ./configure call with the string:
CPPFLAGS="-DSEAMLESS_HBARS -DCFONTZ633_WRITE_DELAY=50"
and do the usual 'make' and 'make install' steps.

With my USB CFA35 it made the display erros go away.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall
eMail: