[Lcdproc] Crystalfontz 635 usb lcd noise

  • From: fnacino AT internap.com (Frederick Nacino)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Crystalfontz 635 usb lcd noise
  • Date: Fri Mar 24 22:36:02 2006

I've scoured the archives for some help with no luck. I have a
Crystalfontz 635 USB and it's running on linux. Running lcdproc the
display generally works however although I am not getting garbage, I
seem to be getting residual data from previous screens littering my
current screen. Trying to clear bad data out by sending blank lines to
the display does not work. Other problems include menu widgets not
appearing in the correct position or data not appearing when it should.
Things that generally have to do with graphics and screen cursor
positioning seem to fair worse than trying to display normal text, for
example displaying the BigClock lcdproc client seems to be my worst
offender as it is halfway unreadable and always leaves residue that
cannot be cleaned up by subsequent screens.. I'm running current lcdproc
code as of 3/14/2006. Screen size settings look good as well as does my
conf. I am not sure what to make of what I am seeing or how to correct
it. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
Fred
---