[Lcdproc] lcd-nut patches offered; made to work with NUT v2

  • From: tronic163 AT evilphb.org (Dan Foster)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcd-nut patches offered; made to work with NUT v2
  • Date: Sat Mar 18 15:22:01 2006

Hot Diggety! Andrew Foss was rumored to have written:
> lcdproc folks, I think many users are going get hit by the Priority
> setting, today we still accept the priority setting, then do the
> opposite of what people expect. I wonder if there's anything we
> could/should do for compatibility?

Alternatively, one could throw a fatal error of some kind.

It might annoy the unsuspecting user, but it'll at least alert them to
get it fixed by whomever maintains their client code, or to upgrade to a
newer client.

That's an arguably better way of managing user expectations as to exact
behavior they'd see.

-Dan