[Lcdproc] Hi Lucian: pylcd LCDd

  • From: tomole AT t-online.de (Marc Leesch)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Hi Lucian: pylcd LCDd
  • Date: Fri Mar 17 14:08:01 2006

Hi,

As you told me I got pylcd. You told me to install (?) it. So I put it
in the freevos /src/plugin folder (that is not "install", is it?). When
I run $ python pylcd.py I get

***
sys:1: DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII character '\xb5' in file pylcd.py
on line 71, but no encoding declared; see
http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
***

when I start freevo (LCD-plugin activated) I get

***
FEHLER: Sie benötigen pylcd für das LCD plugin
FEHLER:Das Plugin 'lcd' kann nicht geladen werden! Möglicherweise läuft
lein LCDd (lcdproc daemon)?
***
(hope you can read the german( if not, tell me)

One thing is that I maybe not really installed pylcd: How to do?
Another thing is, that I cant start *LCDd -d pylcd*. In the "native"
*LCDd.conf* *pylcd* is set on DEVICE= /dev/ttyUSB0
but my LCD is on parallelport, so I edited to /dev/parport0
And when I start LCDd I get

***
pylcd: Using device: /dev/parport0
Reading TTY faild: Invalid argument
Driver [pylcd] init failed, return code < 0
Could not load driver pylcd
There is no output driver
Critical error while initializing, abort.
***

I gess first I have to learn to install the pylcd.py...