[Lcdproc] Re: glcdlib

  • From: lucianm AT users.sourceforge.net (Lucian Muresan)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: glcdlib
  • Date: Mon Mar 13 23:39:02 2006

Hi,

Marc Leesch wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> Ive got a problem with LCDd to work with my Display. The Display is a
> 128x64 graphLCD with KS0108 chip. I configured and compiled and
> installed all as discribed on the www.muresan.de/graphlcd/lcdproc page.
> My Distrib. is Mandriva 2006. I adjusted the DriverPath of the LCDd.conf
> to different targets - but LCDd never could load the driver glcdlib. The
> output is:
> ____________________
> [root@htpc Desktop]# LCDd Could not open driver
> module /usr/lib/lcdproc/glcdlib.so: libglcdgraphics.so.1: cannot open
> Driver [glcdlib] binding failed
> Could not load driver glcdlib
> There is no output driver
> Critical error while initializing, abort.
> _____________________
>
> the driver modules are (really!!!) in directory /usr/local/lib
> (libglcdgraphics.so.1) and /usr/local/lib/lcdproc (glcdlib). And even if
> I change the DriverPath of the LCDd.conf to that directory
> (DriverPath=/usr/local/lib/ or /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/) I get the
> output:
> _____________________
> [root@htpc Desktop]# LCDd
> Could not open driver module /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/glcdlib.so:
> libglcdgraphics.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
> Driver [glcdlib] binding failed
> Could not load driver glcdlib
> There is no output driver
> Critical error while initializing, abort.
> _____________________
>
> What can I do? Could you please help me
> Marc

Did you installed both graphlcd-base and glcdprocdriver into the
/usr/local prefix, just as LCDproc? If so, please also make sure that
your /etc/ld.so.conf contains the path to /usr/local/lib and you ran
ldconfig after installing each of graphlcd-base and glcdprocdriver. And
of course, if you installed LCDproc also under /usr/local prefix,
DriverPath in /etc/LCDd.conf should point to /usr/local/lib/lcdproc.
In my setup (gentoo linux), I have them all under /usr/lib and this are
the locations of my files:

htpc # ls -al /usr/lib/*glcd*
/usr/lib/libglcddrivers.so -> libglcddrivers.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libglcddrivers.so.1 -> libglcddrivers.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libglcddrivers.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libglcdgraphics.so -> libglcdgraphics.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libglcdgraphics.so.1 -> libglcdgraphics.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libglcdgraphics.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libglcdprocdriver.so
(actually just 3 files and 4 symlinks)

and

htpc # ls -al /usr/lib/lcdproc/*
/usr/lib/lcdproc/curses.so
/usr/lib/lcdproc/glcdlib.so

Hope that helps,
Lucian

  • [Lcdproc] glcdlib, Marc Leesch, 03/13/2006
    • [Lcdproc] Re: glcdlib, Lucian Muresan, 03/13/2006