[Lcdproc] Error message while entering IP address

  • From: silvan AT kernelconcepts.de (silvan AT kernelconcepts.de)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Error message while entering IP address
  • Date: Tue Nov 29 11:37:01 2005

Hi,

I've a problem using LCDproc 0.5's (CVS) menu item for entering IP
addresses. The problems occurs in a small application I've written.

I developed it on a Debian/Sarge linux box and it worked just fine. But
when I tested it on a freshly installed SuSE 9.3, the following problem
showed up:

If I enter 192.168.002.158, and press enter at the rightmost character,
then LCDd gives the following message:

menuitem_process_input_ip(id="CHIP") ip address not verified

When using the curses driver, I can see "Invalid Address" below the
entered IP.

On the Debian Sarge, I used automake 1.7 and gcc 3.3.5. On the SuSE 9.3 I
have automake 1.9 and gcc 3.3.5 as well.

I've written a driver for a new type of LCD which is to be released soon.
Since the problem exists while using this driver and also while using the
curses driver, I assume, it has nothing to do with the driver.

And I just created an example, refering to "The Hitchhikers's Guide to
LCDproc 0.5":

hello
client_set TIATPI
men_add_item "" "ipinput" ip "IPinput" -v6 false -value "192.168.002.158"

and after entering the generated menu and confirming every digit, i got
"Invalid Address". Any hints, if I did something wrong?

Regards,
Silvan