[Lcdproc] unimplemented menuevents

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] unimplemented menuevents
  • Date: Thu Mar 31 18:07:02 2005

On 30 Mar 2005 at 23:54, Volker B=F6rchers wrote:

Hi Volker,

> It looks as if at least the unimplemented menuevent "leave" noted in the
> developer docs (lcdproc-dev / "LCDd messages") is missing for this.

Yes that would be a very nice feature. Unfortunately I have not really
had the time/energy to get this done.

> Is anyone working on the menuevents "leave" and "enter"? How could one
> implement the interactive question? If it isn't possible currently what
> could be changed in the Server to make it work?

There are some unimplemented things in the client-supplied menus area:
- should give more events, like enter and leave
- should be able to show extra screens that are not in the menu
structure, but are meant to ask questions
- or maybe some kind of a path-through-menus. That way you can build a
wizard or ask a conformation question when leaving a screen with enter.
- should be able to remove the LCDproc menu (?)

Any more ideas ?
It's not really difficuly to get some of this in. Do you want to work on
it ?

Joris
--
Joris Robijn