[Lcdproc] [Patch] Experimental hd44780 wiring using FreeBSD's ppi device

  • From: bsdfan AT nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [Patch] Experimental hd44780 wiring using FreeBSD's ppi device
  • Date: Thu Mar 31 05:59:01 2005

Hi Andres,

your code is the missing link. I think that adding the FreeBSD specific
ioctl()-calls to it will work. However I need to think a bit more about
conditional inclusion of header files and compiling.

Yesterday I tried to compile your code, but I don't know enough about
the GNU build process to integrate it. Can you or someone else tell me
what files to modify to get this code compiled?

I'm also wondering if I should keep the direct I/O part of port.h for
FreeBSD. The ppi device is available since FreeBSD 3.0 (around 1998). On
the other side, the current code works fine.

Regards
Markus