[Lcdproc] update

  • From: dinobry AT comcast.net (B Collins)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] update
  • Date: Wed Mar 30 14:23:02 2005

http://home.comcast.net/~bryancollins/DSCF0028_._.jpg

Just to let you know I haven't forgotten your help. Here is a pic of
the computer I am building with the intent to use as audio recording
hardware. I didn't include the traditional "Coke" can for size
reference, out of fear of retribution from Pepsi enthusiasts here in the
United States. But the LCD panel is 5.5 inches, and of course
originally designed to fit in a full-size drive bay. I found it wasn't
easy to dissasemble, but easy enough to just put it in there as it was.
So there is your size reference.

So although this appears to be largely a programmer's list, I wanted you
to know what's going on. I won't be making a gnu licensed project as
this is hardware, but I will if successful be posting all the drawings
and instructions needed to make this box without having to go through
all the trial and error I did while learning to build this. And I think
the EPIA users community can sure use a more meaningful application of
their motherboards than yet another mp3 jukebox built in a weird
enclosure.

I will set it up so you can optionally boot to the K desk, but
hopefully, it will boot to the LCD by default, and then allow one to
record through the sound card using ecasound, which has an interactive
mode, so I should be able to adjust volume with keyboard input.

I will probably be seeking further advice and instruction over the next
few weeks, but work is keeping me pretty busy now. Cheers, bc

  • [Lcdproc] update, B Collins, 03/30/2005