[Lcdproc] How to check direct keys for correct function?

  • From: bsdfan AT nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] How to check direct keys for correct function?
  • Date: Sun Mar 20 18:17:01 2005

Hello,

today I added two direct keys to my hd44780 display. I use the winamp
wiring style: one 10k resistor which pulls the input line to +5V and a
key which pulls the input line to GND if the key is pressed. At the
input line I have 4,2V if the key is not pressed and 0V if the key is
pressed.

I added to the config:

[server]
ToggleRotateKey=Enter
NextScreenKey=Down
[hd44780]
KeyDirect_1=Enter
KeyDirect_2=Down

However, if I press a key nothing happens. How can I check that LCDd
receives the keypress? I already recompiled LCDd with --enable-debug and
ran it with ReportLevel=5, but nothing is shown. Does anyone have to
program to display the state of parallel lines?

Markus