[Lcdproc] HD44780-winamp gets overflooded with Hearts after upgrading to CVS

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780-winamp gets overflooded with Hearts after upgrading to CVS
  • Date: Sat Mar 19 18:02:01 2005

On 18 Mar 2005 at 14:02, Andr=E9s Trapanotto wrote:

> *** Think about this: if there is some problem filling the lcd text
> buffer, it still be filled with 0x00 values and the screen will be
> fullfilled with hearts...
> I'm thinking that it is the problem, because the lcdproc framebuffer
> is filled with 0x20 spaces (you send a mail showing that).

Yes I think that too. I wrote it such that on init the lcd_contents
buffer is filled with 0x00 and the framebuf buffer with 0x20. This way,
when flush() is called the first time, it will refresh the entire screen.
This is because flush only sends changed characters, i.e. differences
between lcd_contents and framebuf.

Joris
--
Joris Robijn