[Lcdproc] how to use LCDproc AND printer

  • From: bsdfan AT nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] how to use LCDproc AND printer
  • Date: Sun Mar 13 18:21:02 2005

Hi,

are you trying to get your display to work on the PCI card or the
onboard parallel port (PP)? BTW: What OS are you using?

The problem will be that the hd44780 driver accesses the PP via direct
I/O. I think that this will not work with additional PCI PP adapters.
Probably this can be solved when the hd44780 driver has learn ppdev and
your OS supports PCI PP adapters.

Can you use your printer on the PCI adapter?

I'm using a second stone age ISA PP adapter for now...

Regards
Markus