[Lcdproc] Re: for to make hard disk recorder

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: for to make hard disk recorder
  • Date: Thu Mar 10 17:32:02 2005

On 10 Mar 2005 at 1:50, B Collins wrote:

> Can an LCD (specifically a CWLinux 12332) be used with Joris Robijn's
> LCDVC as a small text-only display, and I should add, the *only* display,
> for a computer running Linux? "Yes" or "No" question here, folks.

Yes you can.

> would lead me to believe that I might be able to fulfill my wishes with
> the software as it is today, perhaps. So I am trying to ask members of
> the community how this software stands, and whether it suits my purposes.
> I have wanted to log in and enter commands without a monitor for some
> time. Can I do it, or no?

It works for me and for some other that I have heard of. I cannot tell if
you can get it to work.

> It appears that that the client LCDVC is an X Windows application, so I

Why do you think that ? It is not.

It shows the virtual console via LCDd on the LCD. The virtual console
only does text.

Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion