[Lcdproc] Support for Noritake VFD CU20026MCPB

  • From: Dave Liquorice" <allsorts AT howhill.com (Dave Liquorice)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Support for Noritake VFD CU20026MCPB
  • Date: Thu Mar 10 11:49:02 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:57:56 +0100, Oliver Friedrich wrote:

>| Tried reducing that part number a bit at a time and feeding it to
>| google? CU20026 returns hits in the Noritake web site:
>|
>| http://www.noritake-elec.com/
>
> I have tried this, but the available specs havn't the pinlayout of my
> display. I have a 3-pin for the 5V power and a 26-pin for the data
> connection ...

So why not tell us *all* the facts you have? Grrr...

Any other displays that fit the general description, rows/columns,
overall size, character matrix size etc?

Might be worth making sure you have that part number correct as well.
Searching on the Noritake site for "mcpb" doesn't return anything. As a
check that the search should work I also tried "scpd" and that did
return a list of modules...

I have a CU20029SCPD-T20A (well that's what the datasheet has on the top
that I used to get my display working has on the top...). This display
has 3 pin power and 16 pin data connectors.

The 3 pin power is:

1:Vcc (5v)
2:Sin/Test (Serial in)
3:Gnd (0v)

Looking at the board traces should show if that is the same as your
module. Note that the serial in is TTL level (0 to 5V) *not* RS232 (-12v
to +12v) you need to convert RS232 levels to TTL.

These modules are quite greedy as well, mine is rated at 700mA @ 5v, a
long DC wire can drop a significant amount of volts at that current.

I have written a driver for the CU20029 display for LCDproc v0.5
(lcdproc-CVS-current-20030710) that does what I want it to do and runs
without noticeable problems (server up time is currently a few hours
under 60 days). I guess I should send it to someone to include the
package, who would be best?

Cheers
Dave.