[Lcdproc] LCDproc as sole interface to the system

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDproc as sole interface to the system
  • Date: Tue Mar 8 17:49:02 2005

On 7 Mar 2005 at 15:09, Jeff Costlow wrote:

> When I get some time, I'm interested in merging that patch with the
> current LCDProc-0.5. I think there should probably be a single Cfontz
> driver, and there are some memory fixes in that patch for non-i686
> architectures that may or may not have made it onto HEAD.

Probably there should be two CFontz drivers: an "old" driver and a
CFpacket driver that drives the newer display. This because they are
completely different. However, some changes need to be made to the CF631
code before it can become CFpacket (so it should be renamed too). There
were some ideas and/or patches on the list, I think there was also a big
patch that was almost a complete CFpacket driver. If someone wants to
work on this he's very welcome to do so.

David, do you maybe still know what extra things needed to be modified to
get the current CF631 driver to become CFpacket ?

Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion