[Lcdproc] LCDproc as sole interface to the system

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDproc as sole interface to the system
  • Date: Mon Mar 7 22:24:01 2005

On 6 Mar 2005 at 22:45, Florin Andrei wrote:

> I've seen appliances whose basic configuration (IP address, DNS,
> gateway, etc.) is done via a very small LCD display and a 5-key keypad
> (up, down, left, right, enter). With left/right one navigates through the
> characters, with up/down the characters are changed (a,b,c,d...) and enter
> finalizes the change. A very simple, flat menu presents all options to the
> user.

This is very easy to program with the client supplied menus of LCDproc.
You client would instruct LCDd to have a menu with an IP number item in
it. When it is selected, the user can edit the IP number with the cursor
keys, esc and enter (on a keypad). When the user has completed entering
the number, the client is informed that the nnumber is changed.

See documentation on how to do this, it's on the website. Only the IP
menuitem is probaby not listed, it was added later. Does anyone on the
list know how this IP menuitem is called ?

You'll need to write a client that configures the system according to set
IP numbers etc.

Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion