[Lcdproc] ppdev support

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] ppdev support
  • Date: Mon Mar 7 21:10:01 2005

On 7 Mar 2005 at 11:31, Andr=E9s Trapanotto wrote:

> The present implementation is in port.h and I've added port.c; then I'v=
> modified port.h to add ppdev compilation option.
> I've add a way to those drivers that aren't writted specifically to use
> ppdev can work with ppdev anyway :)

Excelent. I had wanted that feature for a long time, but never got to
write it.

> Well, It is working for me right now and I want add it to the project.
> I don't know what to do with:
> * how to manage the copyright thing

This is not difficult. Just add your name. Remember all LCDproc code
requires to be GPL, so you should add a header like in other files.

> * how to fully integrate the new piece of source code in makefile syste=
> (how to check that the kernel has ppdev support)

Yes that's tricky probably. There is a way to check if a piece of code is
compilable. It needs only be a small typical ppdev pieve of code. If
there is no ppdev support the compilation will fail and so the compiler
knows pppdev is not supported. But I'm not really an expert in this, so I
don't know how to do this now.

> * how to send the new files... where... who?

Oh well just send it to the list first. This way people can check if they
see points for improvements and it's archived in the mail archives. Some
developer can check the code in then.

Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion