[Lcdproc] ppdev support

  • From: mail AT andrestrapanotto.com.ar (Andrés Trapanotto)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] ppdev support
  • Date: Mon Mar 7 14:29:01 2005

Hi! I could see that somebody was working in something like this, but
he wanted
to just add ppdev support to one hd44780 driver (winamp specifically).

The present implementation is in port.h and I've added port.c; then
I've
modified port.h to add ppdev compilation option.
I've add a way to those drivers that aren't writted specifically to
use ppdev
can work with ppdev anyway :)
Well, It is working for me right now and I want add it to the project.
I don't know what to do with:
* how to manage the copyright thing
* how to fully integrate the new piece of source code in makefile
system (how
to check that the kernel has ppdev support)
* how to send the new files... where... who?

I'm working on ks108 driver too. It is a ppdev based driver, so I'll
upload it
soon.

--
Técnico Andrés Trapanotto
INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE TECNOLOGÍA INDUSTRIAL