[Lcdproc] no 'Arguments' options any more

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] no 'Arguments' options any more
  • Date: Sat Jan 29 19:07:02 2005

Hi,

I just committed a big update to CVS:

It changes all drivers that still used the old comand-line like API with the
'Arguments' options in the LCDd.conf file to use the new API.

If you use such a driver and want to use the newest lcdproc nightly tarball
from CVS you need to update your LCDd.conf.

The new options are listed and explained in the LCDd.conf in the tarball.

Here's an example what you might need to change inc your config:
* old version:
[wirz-sli]
Arguments="--device=/dev/lcd --speed=19200"
* new version
[wirz-sli]
Device=/dev/lcd
Speed=19200"

I do not own an LCD display for the affected drivers, so I was only able to
test if the new version compiles
Please test and give feedback whether the changes work for you.

Additionally I replaced a few calls to printf() and fprintf() with debug and
report() calls, and overhauled LCDd.conf (driver sections sorted,
extended, ...)

Let me repeat: lease test and give feedback (or patches ;-)))

Peter
--
Peter Marschall
eMail:

  • [Lcdproc] no 'Arguments' options any more, Peter Marschall, 01/29/2005