[Lcdproc] Cant Start LCDproc with rc.local

  • From: andy AT icsdata.com (Andy)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Cant Start LCDproc with rc.local
  • Date: Thu Jan 20 15:27:01 2005

Hello,
lcdproc AT lists.omnipotent.net

I'm running IPCOP 1.4 and LCDProc 0.4.5 and I am trying to configure
LCDProc to automatically start on boot. When it gets to LCDProc it says
"error connecting to lcd server localhost on port 13666" and the
CrystalFontz LCD says "Clients: 0 Screens: 0". But when I run
"/usr/local/lcdproc/lcdproc C G M T X D U &" from the prompt, it works
fine. Im sure IPCop is not blocking port 13666 and i turned
BlockOutgoingTraffic off.

Thank you for taking your time to help me with this.

My LCDd.conf(the important bits):
[server]
Driver=CFontz
Bind=127.0.0.1
Port=13666
ReportToSyslog=no
WaitTime=5
Foreground=no
Heartbeat=on
InitialHeartbeat=on
Backlight=open
InitialBacklight=on
BacklightBrightness=255
BacklightOffBrightness=0

My rc.local script:
#!/bin/sh

#Added for BlockOutTraffic - BEGIN
/usr/local/bin/setfwrules
#Added for BlockOutTraffic - END

#Start LCDproc
echo "Starting LCDd..."
/usr/local/lcdproc/LCDd &
# This will read the config from /etc/LCDd.conf

echo "Starting lcdproc screens..."
/usr/local/lcdproc/lcdproc C G M T X D U &
# This will show infos of [C]PU [M]emory [T]ime [X]load and [D]isk

echo "Starting netlcd screens..."
/usr/local/lcdproc/netlcdclient -i ppp0 &
/usr/local/lcdproc/netlcdclient -i eth0 &