[Lcdproc] Logic Controls pole display

  • From: Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks AT gmail.com> (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Logic Controls pole display
  • Date: Sat Jan 15 09:05:02 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:08:47 -0500, Christopher M. Hart
<kc8ufv AT arrl.net>
wrote:
> I am working on getting a driver working for the Logic Controls displays.
> These are 2x20 VFT displays, mostly pole displays that were originally
> designed for use in Point Of Sale applications. They work good for sticking
> up from behind a monitor.

I've worked on those in the past... pretty simple, really, but I
_have_ found two command-set variants... one has a single-character
command prefix (^E, IIRC), that lets you give a string up to so many
letters (40? 45?) that the pole display will scroll across the bottom
line without any further intervention of the host CPU... presumably,
one would use this for scrolling an idle message relevant to the
retailer ("Happy Holidays", "Thanks for shopping at FooMart", etc.)
There may also be a variant command set that encompasses an internal
date/time function - not positive about that. I _am_ sure that I have
seen more than one variety of VFD inside different models. My pole
displays are at home and I am on the road; I'll be able to cite
models, etc., next month.

What I can't remember is what version the driver I did in the past is
for... probably 0.4x.

-ethan