[Lcdproc] Display forgets lines or freezes

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Display forgets lines or freezes
  • Date: Thu Jan 13 20:48:01 2005

Hi Sebastian,

I don't exactly understand what goes blank. Do you mean HD44780 _and_
curses show some blank lines ? This could indicate it is a bug in the
rendering of LCDd.

> A greater problem occours, too:
> Sometimes, the whole LCDd-process hangs and the display only shows the
> last screen.
> But this doesn't effekt any other programs who communicate with LCDd.

You are not writing too long string to the program or other widgets that
occupy the space that is blanked ?

What version of LCDproc are you using ?

You know that you should read data sent back by LCDd or else LCDd will
disconnect your client...

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion