[Lcdproc] Garbage Data using HD44780

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Garbage Data using HD44780
  • Date: Wed Jan 5 19:24:01 2005

Hi Jonathan,

> I am trying to use it on a 16x2 character LCD. I have it hooked up to
> /dev/ttyS1. (That's serial.) I am using the HD44780 driver, though I've
> tried all the others.
> ~
> The part number of the chip (if it matters) that drives this LCD is
> PIC16C55A.

Hmm that's a PIC controller. It's a generic device, and what it does
depends on its programming. How is the board called that you are using ?

This board does some interfacing with some protocol and you have to check
whether LCDproc supports it. You can find out what wirings and drivers
etc are supported on the documentation page.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion