[Lcdproc] adding support for ARM machines

  • From: liberty AT embeddedx86.com (Liberty Young)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] adding support for ARM machines
  • Date: Wed Jan 5 18:43:01 2005

Hello all,

I have an ARM-based board with an attached HD44870 display that I've
been asked to add support for in lcdproc by a customer. So far, this
taks seems like it will take longer than I initially thought as
everything seems I/O port centric; whereas with ARM boards, I/O is done
away with and everything (typically) is accessed through mmap().

Any tips or hints for me to start looking at? Anything I should be aware
of before I start putting my node to the grindstone on this?