[Lcdproc] Garbage Data using HD44780

  • From: Dave Liquorice" <allsorts AT howhill.com (Dave Liquorice)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Garbage Data using HD44780
  • Date: Wed Jan 5 08:46:01 2005

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:58:11 -0600,
jblight AT sceince.edu
wrote:

> Right now, when I run LCDd, I get an enormous amount of garbage data,
> almost like my computer is too fast for the display. When I stop the
> LCDd daemon, I get something that looks like, "*& Th % anks %^or
> usi#$ng Li nux" on the two lines of LCD.

As you are on serial that looks very much like the one or any of the
baud rate, data, stop or parity bits is not set correctly. Double check
what you have your LCDProc driver set to and what your display is
expecting, make sure they both are the same.

> I tried to change the "DelayMult" number in the /etc/LCDd.conf file,
> but I couldn't see any improvement.

I think that is applicable only to devices connected via a parallel
port.

Cheers
Dave.