[Lcdproc] under which version of lcdproc should I develop my client?

  • From: ognjen AT mailshack.com (ognen)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] under which version of lcdproc should I develop my client?
  • Date: Tue Jan 4 02:41:01 2005

Hi all,

I'm in the process of developing a client for lcdproc (partly for a
project and partly to learn python programming) and I want to know what
the status is on lcdproc v0.5 and hd4470 support?

All I need is the hd4470 driver, custom menu support and keypad support.
Are these features stable enough in v0.5 to be used for client
development? or should I stick with V0.4 for now?

Also is there any way of defining custom characters (short of modifying
to source code) and using them (I cant find much about it in the
documentation)?

Thanks