[Lcdproc] Aopen EA65

  • From: dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Aopen EA65
  • Date: Mon Jan 3 21:49:02 2005

Kent Williams wrote:
>>But they do function both? That is promising. Maybe it does not yet do
>>incremental updating to reduce the load on the port. Can anyone tell
>>if this has been implemented in the v0.5 CFontz driver ?
>
> Yep, they both function, just with LCDd running, lirc misses some button
> presses. Incremental updating does not appear to be implemented (at
> least in the driver itself) - each time the flush function is called, it
> updates the display.

*AFAIR*

I believe that incremental update is not in CFontz (nor 0.4 nor 0.5).

One of the main reason was that one can not address a specific caracter,
but only do full (or partial) line update...

So this would only work if there is no change at all in the line or if
there are change only at the begining of the line... I guess that the
heartbeat is on the wrong side of the screen. ;-)

Now I might be talking about 633 because 631 have more option to update
the screen.

David GLAUDE

--
Don't let computer expert control election...
Endorse: http://www.free-project.org/resolution/