[Lcdproc] Aopen EA65

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Aopen EA65
  • Date: Sun Jan 2 22:54:02 2005

On 2 Jan 2005 at 22:22, Kent Williams wrote:

> <<ea65.c>> Hi <<ea65.h>> ,
>
> Here is my first attempt at a drivers for the vfd on the Aopen EA65
> shuttle style PC.
> (http://solution.aopen.com.tw/products/XC/EA65/en/)
>
> Basically I've just modified the Cfontz driver.

If you want to get your patches into the current code please make patches
only to the v0.5 branch (aka HEAD). There is not supposed to be
development in 0.4 anymore.

Most things in there work about the same anyway. Read the documents for
the info on writing drivers and check out how some simple drivers do
things (like text or curses drivers)

Brightness goes from 0 to 1000 in v0.5 and there's a separate get and set
function.

> The other problem is that the IR receiver and display share the same
> serial port and that whilst running this driver with LCD proc, the
> response of lirc becomes rather poor.

But they do function both? That is promising. Maybe it does not yet do
incremental updating to reduce the load on the port. Can anyone tell if
this has been implemented in the v0.5 CFontz driver ?

> Another thing I've also noticed is that output and backlight functions
> appear to be called very time the display changes even if the state of the
> output and backlight don't. Is this the intended behaviour?

Erm, well it is like this and it has never been changed... How do you
mean "intended" ;)

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion