[Lcdproc] Aopen EA65

  • From: kent2 AT optusnet.com.au (Kent Williams)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Aopen EA65
  • Date: Sun Jan 2 11:27:02 2005

<<ea65.c>> Hi <<ea65.h>> ,

Here is my first attempt at a drivers for the vfd on the Aopen EA65
shuttle style PC.
(http://solution.aopen.com.tw/products/XC/EA65/en/)

Basically I've just modified the Cfontz driver.

One of the features of the display is a red led which I've implemented
using the 'output' function. The buttons on the front of the PC have a
blue led backlight which can be either off, dull, or bright. Used the
backlight function to implement this as it isn't really applicable for
the vfd itself. A value of 0 - 127 is off, 128 is dull, and 129 - 255 is
bright.

Now I get a bit stuck. First of all, there are a number of symbols on
either side of the display that can be used to indicate various things.
I'm not sure the best way to implement these and am looking for
suggestions.

The other problem is that the IR receiver and display share the same
serial port and that whilst running this driver with LCD proc, the
response of lirc becomes rather poor.

Another thing I've also noticed is that output and backlight functions
appear to be called very time the display changes even if the state of
the output and backlight don't. Is this the intended behaviour?

Cheers,
-Kent