[Lcdproc] Working out how long scrolled text will scroll for

  • From: darren AT boncey.org (Darren Greaves)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Working out how long scrolled text will scroll for
  • Date: Sun Nov 28 22:47:01 2004

Hi, I wish to scroll a piece of text, but want to know in some way when
that text has finished scrolling (ie, is ready to scroll again).
I wish to know this so I can change the scrolling text at this point to
something else. This is so I don't cut text off mid-scroll.

I've been looking at the netstuff.txt file and I wonder if I can
calculate it in advance based on the speed setting, the width of the
display and the length of the text to scroll.
The netstuff.txt file says the speed is "1/8th of a second, by default".

Is this reliable, or is there some other factor involved related to the
hardware?

Thanks in advance.
Darren.

  • [Lcdproc] Working out how long scrolled text will scroll for, Darren Greaves, 11/28/2004