[Lcdproc] howto disable the startup message

  • From: lcd AT projecthugo.co.uk (Matt Darcy)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] howto disable the startup message
  • Date: Sun Oct 31 11:20:01 2004

Hi all,

A quick note to request advice on how to disable the startup notice on
starting LCDd

so that I don't see

LCDd 0.4.5, LCDproc Protocol 0.3
Part of LCDproc
Copyright (C) 1998-2002 William Ferrell, Scott Scriven
and many other contributors

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the

The file COPYING contains the GNU General Public License.
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

for my startup script I use /usr/sbin/LCDd &

is there an option I can pass to stop this ?

Thanks,

Matt