[Lcdproc] Can anyone tell me if this is supported by lcdproc...

  • From: ognjen AT mailshack.com (ognjen Bezanov)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Can anyone tell me if this is supported by lcdproc...
  • Date: Sat Oct 30 09:56:01 2004

i have to use a serial device for two reasons:

a) my parallel port does not provide the required 5V for the display (it
gives about 2.5V) so my display is garbled with my current setup (winamp
schematic)

b) i want to use the parallel port for my printer (the pc is supposed to
be a print server)

i basically need a serial connection that i can use that does not need a
microcontroller (i.e. not PIC-an-LCD) but which i can build. links and
schematics appreciated