[Lcdproc] MatrixOrbital + keypad

  • From: lcdproc AT neko.me.uk (Chris Lansley)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] MatrixOrbital + keypad
  • Date: Wed Oct 27 21:26:01 2004

[All of the following is in reference to 0.4.x code - I don't
know about 0.5 code]

I'm not completely sure what you want to know - so I will say
everything I can find about key presses :-)

Keys are sent from the MO unit as simple ascii (so pressing
A sends 'A' down the serial connection).

In the server/input.c file there are the following comments:
---start comments---
Currently, the keys are as follows:

Context Key Function
------- --- --------
Normal "normal" context is handled in this source file.
A Pause/Continue
B Back(Go to previous screen)
C Forward(Go to next screen)
D Open main menu
E-Z Sent to client, if any; ignored otherwise

(menu keys are not handled here, but in the menu code)
Menu
A Enter/select
B Up/Left
C Down/Right
D Exit/Cancel
E-Z Ignored
---end comments---

You can configure which keys are used by the server for
it's menu; this is done in the LCDd.conf file. It has a
section such as this:
PauseKey=N
BackKey=K
ForwardKey=A
MainMenuKey=F

The trouble is, because of the unusual implementation
the follow keys are also hard coded (unless the above
section uses that key):
PauseKey=A
BackKey=B
ForwardKey=C
MainMenuKey=D

So on my setup pressing:
N: pauses
either K OR B: back (/up)
either A OR C: forward (/down)
either F OR D: enters the main menu

You can configure (in LCDd.conf) so the server ignores
these keys (each key is configurable).
[BUT the MtxOrb driver will still do the mapping of
N to A, K to B, etc -- so it may be wise to also
make the LCDd.conf mappings match the hard coded
versions]

The rest of the keys go to the client - what keys
they use, what they do and how you configure them
is up to the individual client.

For example the tail.pl client uses the keys:
E for moving left in a file
F for moving right in a file
G for moving up a file
H for moving down a file

Maybe if you ask about a specific client then
somebody will be able to help - I personally
only use the default LCDproc client; which
AFAIK don't use key presses.

Hope that helps,
Chris.