[Lcdproc] MatrixOrbital + keypad

  • From: paake AT telia.com (Patrik Jansson)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] MatrixOrbital + keypad
  • Date: Tue Oct 26 15:13:01 2004

Hello list!

I need a lcd display and a keypad to work with FreeBSD
and I have been looking on MatrixOrbitals.com for displays.
I would like the following
http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/product_view.asp?CatID=1&ProductID=57
together with the keypad 4x4 they sell. As far as I know the
keypad is more or less just connected to the display which
is connected to the computers serial port. My question is, does
lcdproc handle these kinds of keypads? I know they have support
for different inputs but what about this one? Even better:
Is anyone using a configuration like the one Im talking about and
if so, how does it work?

Furthermore, if the keypad is supported, how does it work in
lcdproc when a key is pressed? Can't find much documentation
on this.

Thanks!
-Patrik