[Lcdproc] hd44780, second line hangs

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780, second line hangs
  • Date: Sun Oct 24 21:27:02 2004

On 24 Oct 2004 at 20:38, Sebastian Bauer wrote:

> Hello out there!
> I've a little problem with my hd44780-display (2 controller)...
> I'm programming on a better version irmp3d (a mp3-player-daemon). In
> reproduceable cases the second line of the display hangs up, that means
> the last information stays - and i can't overwrite it. Even when i kill
> LCDd, the line stays. After restarting LCDd (->LCD is new initialized),
> the line works again... Can anybody help me? Thanks, good night...

Never heard of this problem. Seems like the second control line is used
while it should not. You have not enabled the backlight feature while you
don't have a transistor for it, or someting similar ? What connection
type are you using ?

Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion