[Lcdproc] CrystalFontz 633 Support?

  • From: dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] CrystalFontz 633 Support?
  • Date: Thu Oct 21 05:48:01 2004

Gary Buckmaster wrote:
> I apologize. My statements regarding lcdproc may be based on an incorrect
> understanding of the system architecture. Using the 0.5 tree I have
> successfully gotten the LCDd process running, and am able to see it
> displaying a heartbeat indicator to the CF633.

Having the heart beat mean that from the physical point of view, and
from the configuration point of view, it should be fine...

You might want to share some of your LCDd.conf file.
You might want to use the button and access the server menu + demo menu
You might want to try other client than lcdproc, like those provided in
the tarball.

> Running the lcdproc client
> passing any single or combination of screen parameters has no effect other
> than to cause the CF633 to dim during the duration of lcdproc's run,
> otherwise I see no visible output from the lcdproc client. I see no
> difference in performance if I run lcdproc as root or as a normal user,
> there is still no output to the screen.

It might be possible to enable more logs to see what is taking place...
but I have no clue yet.

David GLAUDE

--
Don't let computer expert control election...
Endorse: http://www.free-project.org/resolution/